Government Covid-19 Response
Ministry of Health & Wellness
For Covid-19 statistics and health tips visit the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ website at https://www.moh.gov.jm
Emergency contact: 888-ONE-LOVE (663-5683)
HOTLINE: 888-663-5683; 888-754-7792; 888-542-5998; 888-542-6006; 888-542-6007
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry of Education, Youth & Information
1. National Library of Jamaica is helping secondary-school students to prepare their School-Based Assessments (SBAs) via online resources. CSEC and CAPE students can submit their research questions or queries via email at email@example.com. They can also find information on 18th &19th century Jamaica by logging on towww.mlj.gov.jm/google-books andwww.nlj.gov.jm/riots-and-rebellions. Additionally, they can find information on notable Jamaicans atwww.nlj.gov.jm/jamaican-biographies.
2. Live & Recorded Educational Content
Mondays- Fridays 7:30 am- 10:00 am & 3:00 pm- 5:00 pm
Repeat Broadcasts: Saturdays 10:00 am-5:00 pm; Sundays 11:30 am-1:30 pm
3. For updates and information follow
4. PEP Website:https://pep.moey.gov.jm/
Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment, and Sports
1. Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation Island wide is distributing Dignity Packages to all registered young women in their schools. Pick up points are at all Centre island-wide. Dignity Packages include food stuff, toiletries, pampers for the babies, and nutrition for those who are still pregnant.
2. Athletes Assistance Programme- for athletes that were training for the 2020 Olympics, they will receive financial assistance from the government next week of $80,000 for the month of March (in light of the decision to postpone the Olympic Games due to the coronavirus pandemic). Sports include track & field, karate, gymnastics, rugby, canoeing, aquatics, and BOXING.
3. Ministry in collaboration with Bureau of Gender Affairs: No Excuse for Abuse CALL FOR HELP: Females: (876) 553-0372 Males: (876) 553-0387
Ministry of Labour & Social Security
Telephone number: TOLL FREE 888-991-7284
Emergency Line: 888-429-5657; 888-429-5658; 888-429-5659; WhatsApp: (876)582-8988